By Robert L. Reymond
A modern, foundational assertion of vintage reformed religion, now revised and updated.
- Comprehensive, coherent, contextual, and conversational
- Scripture-saturated, with extra exegesis and extra Scripture quotations than different one-volume theologies
- Upholds vintage Calvinist positions on baptism, the Trinity, church executive, and masses more
- Interacts with modern concerns and the paintings of alternative theologians
- Reveals the author's heat and sensitivity born of greater than 25 years as a professor at top Reformed seminaries
- Numerous appendices masking particular subject matters; considerable assets for extra examine via footnotes, and a selective bibliography
- A textbook for theology scholars, a life-long reference for libraries, ministers, lecturers, theologians
Read or Download A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated PDF
Best christian theology books
Initially of Christian religion, B. A. Gerrish reminds us that dogmatics includes severe transmission of the Christian background. The dogmatic theologian needs to interpret and examine the conventional ideals of the church whereas additionally contemplating the hot and altering stipulations during which that culture is being embodied.
Answering the decision is the tale of 19 Catholic everlasting deacons from the Diocese of Savannah (Georgia) whose lives underwent profound variations as they embarked upon a trip of self-discovery which printed to them either the outstanding strength of God and the holiness of daily life. while those deacons, who come from enormously varied non secular, specialist, and academic backgrounds, answered to God's name, they quickly turned conscious of the profound effect their selection might make on their lives as husbands, fathers, and, such a lot of all, servants of God.
This number of essays phases a discussion among Friedrich Schleiermacher and Alfred North Whitehead on major positive factors of 'open' method. the amount deals new techniques for rehabilitating method for destiny theological and philosophical pondering by means of starting procedure to a versatile relation with altering fact.
With the paintings of approximately 3 dozen sleek theologians, students, scientists and mystics in addition to perception that reaches again to the sunrise of the age of Covenant, we will be able to now in simple terms start to see what the Church has continually been. we will be able to realize the Church to be alive. we will be able to recognize the Church to be One. As a group of construction we come upon an important ontological and cosmological swap during the technique of Sacrament which either indicates and brings approximately ever expanding degrees of association; advancing degrees of relationships which pioneer new degrees of lifestyles and fact.
Additional info for A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated